Find Relief From Your Sleep Apnea in New Albany
You may not be getting the restful sleep you need each night if you wake up feeling groggy, have morning headaches, and find it hard to focus during your workday. If this sounds like you, New Albany sleep apnea may be to blame. Fortunately, the talented team at Kirchner Dental can treat your sleep apnea symptoms using a custom oral appliance. With our help, you can:
- Sleep more soundly and wake up feeling refreshed
- Reduce or eliminate noisy snoring
- Function better at school or work
- Reduce your risk of other serious health consequences
Sleep better and feel better soon! Call Kirchner Dental today at 812-884-8304 to schedule an appointment.
Our Sleep Apnea Treatment Can Improve Your Health & Vitality
Obstructive sleep apnea (the most common type of sleep apnea) occurs when your air passages become blocked by your tongue and other soft tissues in the back of your throat. When this happens, your brain signals your body to wake up and take in more oxygen. Then you drift back to sleep until the next occurrence. Usually the sleep apnea sufferer isn’t even aware this cycle is happening, which can occur hundreds of times each night.
Kirchner Dental can help you, however:
- We’ll give you a sleep test to complete in the comfort of your own home.
- A licensed physician will then review the test and make a diagnosis.
- If you have obstructive sleep apnea, Dr. Kirchner will make a custom-fitted sleep appliance for you.
- The appliance will gently move your lower jaw forward to help keep your airway open.
With our appliance, not only will you feel better, you’ll also avoid having to use a CPAP machine. While CPAP works well, as many as 50 percent of patients give up on it because they can’t adjust to having air forced through their airway.
Plus, with sleep apnea treatment, you’ll avoid other health risks associated with this condition:
- High blood pressure
- Heart attacks
All these health conditions have been linked to obstructive sleep apnea. Taking action now to treat your symptoms will pay big dividends in your total body health. To treat your sleep apnea in New Albany, call the team at Kirchner Dental today at 812-884-8304. You can also schedule online. Don’t forget to book your next checkup, too!